While the flow of new Xbox games for Windows Phone has slowed this year, the number of free-to-play games in the Xbox lineup continues to grow. These games rely on in-app purchases (IAPs) for revenue. Users who enjoy the game and are motivated to purchase content can do so, while other players can simply play without spending money.
We'll provide an overview of the in-app purchases for each newly released free-to-play Xbox mobile game. We sawSix Gun IAPFrom The Game Court; this week we explore shopping at Electronic ArtsThe Sims free gamesAvailable for Windows Phone 8. Read on to find out exactly which IAPs feature games and which offer the best value.
Windows Phone versionThe Sims free gamesThere are two currencies: simoleons and life points. Unlike many free-to-play games, players can earn both currencies by playing the game regularly, and I don't mean hitting every day. However, both currencies can also be purchased from the in-game store.
To access the store, select the purple shopping cart icon in the lower right corner of the screen. The store is divided into three units. It's annoying that you have to select an item and go to the purchase screen to see its price (just like the iOS version). Of course, we list the prices here for your convenience.
This is the traditional Sims currency, represented by a green circle with a white shape inside. Simoleons are used to buy houses, buildings, businesses, furniture, appliances and various other items.
Your Sims earn Simoleons by performing various actions:
- gardening: An excellent source of money and XP. A garden patch only costs 20 Simoleons, so you can install more than one.
- oven: Another good source of money and XP.
- Work: Adult Sims can get different jobs with different hours and salaries. Level up your Sim's job and they'll earn more money.
- pet: Your dog or cat can find varying amounts of money and very few hit points.
- ghost hunting: Buy one or more Haunted Ornaments so your Sims can take up ghost hunting as a hobby. Select Haunted Objects and choose to have Sims search for ghosts. Once your Sim finds the ghost, tap the red ghost icon, then triple tap before the ghost runs away. You will earn money by hunting.
Multiple Sims can hunt ghosts at the same time, but each Sim requires a haunted item. Pro Skater's Dream Pad has a free skeleton in its recreation room. Be sure to use it.
- other hobbies: Oh yes, some other hobbies bring money too.
- daily bonus: Every day you will receive a different amount of Simoleons in the mail.
- income from houses and buildings: All houses and many buildings generate money over time. Visit the city map to download it.
- drive: When a Sim is driving a car, it will play a musical note. Follow the car and hit these bills to earn a small amount of money. However, it is not particularly worthwhile.
- Competition: After building a Competency Center, your Hobby Sims can compete to win prizes, including Simoleons and Health.
Note: Amounts vary depending on player level.
- Cash Fist: 5500 Simoleons: $4.99 (1100 Simoleons per dollar)
- Stack of Money: 13,500 Simoleons - $7.99 (1,687 Simoleons for one dollar)
- Cashier: 19,000 Simoleons - $9.99 (1,900 Simoleons for one dollar)
- Cash Bag: 32,500 Simoleona: 14.99 USD (2167 Simoleona per USD)
- Vault: 108,000 Simoleons - $19.99 (5,400 Simoleons per USD)
- Cash – 430,000 Simeons - $49.99 USD (8,600 Simeons in USD)
- Cash Box – 1,080,000 Simoleons - $99.99 (10,800 Simoleons/$1)
Most free games offer better deals for big money. But The Sims FreePlay offers exceptional value for more expensive plans. Of course, this means that the cheaper packages aren't worth much; the $5 bundle offers so few Simoleons that it's almost worthless.
Each subsequent house and building you buy costs more than the previous one; they end up getting quite expensive. If you can't afford buildings or other expensive items needed for objectives or achievements, your options are to wait and earn simoleons or buy them directly from the store. Of the Simoleon packs, the $20 one was the most appealing to me.
Life points are used to buy houses, vehicles and many other premium items. On top of that, birthday cakes (required for babies growing to toddlers and toddlers growing to teenage years) and higher quality wedding rings require life points. Objectives with five hit points can be skipped. Additionally, actions can be accelerated at a rate of one health point per hour.
There are several ways to earn life points:
- Goal: Many targets pay health, but not all.
- city value: Reach a life point where the city is worth paying for.
- Hobby: Reaching milestones in the hobby sometimes pays for life points. After the hobby reaches its maximum, players can choose to restart the hobby and get the same rewards again.
- pet: In rare cases pets can find health for you.
- Competition: Like Simoleons, Life Points can be earned in the Competency Center. The first prize is three life points. Your Sims will have to push the boundaries of their hobbies to win the first prize.
Note: Amounts vary depending on player level.
- a handful of LPs– 6 health - $4.99 (1.2 health is a dollar)
- LP song– 21 health - $7.99 (2.6 health per dollar)
- record box– 62 health - $9.99 ($1 for 6.2 health)
- LP trolley– 105 health - $14.99 ($1 for 7 health)
- disk loading– 215 Life Points - $19.99 ($10.75 Life Points)
- truck pun's LP– 645 health - $46.99 (13.7 health per dollar)
- brod pun LP-a– 1560 health - $99.99 (15.6 health per dollar)
While the best value is the $20 Simoleon pack, the $10 Life Point pack is a fair value for the lower price. 62 health points is not impossible to spend quickly. It is important to use them sparingly. Unless you have a compelling reason, don't rush into action with points and only skip goals that require very long-term goals.
The Specials section of the store contains some unique items only available through IAP, as well as a Simoleon/Life Point pack:
- swimsuit bag– $4.99
We've got brand new and exclusive bodykinis and swimwear for your Sims' next pool party!
- Premium family package– $4.99
Live the best life possible for your Sims' homes with the Premium Home Pack. Bonus: 5 LP records.
- aquarium for goldfish- 0.99 dollars
The perfect gift for the Sim who has everything. Buy a goldfish aquarium now!
- Bun with tropical fish– $3.99
Let the beauty of discus and angels hypnotize you in these two superb aquariums.
- a box for clothes- 1.99 dollars
Play dress up! Bumblebee, robot, panda and dinosaur costumes for your kids!
- wedding package– $4.99
Do you want to get married in style? You'll need wedding dresses and groomsmen outfits for your Sims!
- Wallet for currency– 15.99 dollars
Simoleons Piggy Bank Set (19,000 Simoleons) and Life Point Box (62 LP). (2375 simoleons and 7.75 health points per dollar) - amount varies depending on player level
Premium family package includes:
- 2 Star White Toilet - Value: 700 Simoleons
- 2 Star Rain - Value: 1000 Simoleons
- 2 Star Wall Mounted TV – Value: 1250 Simoleons
- 2 Star Black Stereo - Value: 1600 Simoleons
- 2 Star White Beds – Value: 1600 Simoleons
- 2 Star White Bedroom Table – Value: 375 Simoleons
- White refrigerator 2 stars - value: 1300 Simoleons
- Gray Forge - Value: 1500 Simoleons
- White deckchair with 2 stars - value: 1500 Simona
- White sofa with 2 stars - value: 2200 simoleons
- 2 Star White Coffee Table – Value: 450 Simoleons
- 2 Star Black Bookcase - Value: 800 Simoleons
- 2 Star White Dining Table – Value: 700 Simoleons
- 2 Star White Dining Chairs (4) – Value: 3200 Simoleons
- Wall Clock Red Square - Value: 175 Simoleons
- various plants
- Gardening Patch (10) – Value: 200 Simoleons
- 5 health points
Items worth a total of 18,550 simoleons, excluding plants. None of this is exclusive to the bundle, but it's essentially a Simoleon bundle that includes $10 worth of items plus all five life points, all for $5. That's way better than the $5 Life Point bundle!
One unusual aspect of the special section is that three items (Tropical Fish, Dressing Box, Wedding Set) are listed at 50-60% off, but appear to appear at their regular prices. Not much, is it?
As far as currency packs go, it's a great early game booster. Basically $10 per pack and $16 per currency. A high-value single bag is still a better deal, but if you don't want to spend a lot of money, a bag should do the trick.
time to start a family
Have you made an in-app purchase,The Simsplayer? Come back and check out oursThe Sims free gamesAchievements guide, followed by our full walkthrough.
- The Sims free games– Windows Phone 8 (1 GB RAM-a) – 427 MB – Besplatno –trade connection
Get the Windows Central newsletter
All the latest news, reviews and guides for Windows and Xbox fans.
Paul Acevedo is a game editor for Windows Central. A lifelong gamer, he has been writing about video games for over 15 years and has reviewed over 350 games for our site. follow him on twitter@PaulRAcevedo.Without hatred and without gratitude!
- Join the in-game boat party.
- Leave the boat, then return to collect the NBRs near the Simoleon icon.
- Locate an empty lot or house.
- Go to the shop and select the NBR Image tab.
- Choose items available for purchase in the store (set by your neighbours).
Level up. If you raise your Sims FreePlay level, you will gain more lifestyle points and money. You can do this by having a very good relationship with a Sim (like being a Sim's partner or best friend) since this will earn you milestones, or doing things that take a lot of time to complete.Can you play Sims FreePlay on Windows? ›
The Sims Freeplay is a Simulation game developed by ELECTRONIC ARTS. BlueStacks app player is the best platform to play this Android game on your PC or Mac for an immersive gaming experience.Is Sims FreePlay on Microsoft store? ›
You can download it now on PlayStation Store, Microsoft Store and Steam to have it available on the platform that suits you best (or all of them). Because The Sims never go out of style.What is the cheat code for Sims free play money? ›
To put an exact amount of Simoleons in a household's funds you will need to activate the cheat console., type in “testingcheats true”, type in “Money X” with the “x” being the amount you'd want in the account. For example: typing in “Money 145897” will make the household funds 145,897 exactly.What is the code for infinite money in Sims? ›
A Sims household can only have up to 9,999,999 Simoleons, and if players want to reach this, they have to open the cheat console and type "money 9999999".How do you get money on Sims app? ›
- Level up your character.
- Complete 'Daily to Do' tasks.
- Complete timed quests which occur once a week and require you to complete five different tasks. ...
- You can earn SimCash by watching ads on the app.
- SimCash can be bought with real money but can become pricey.
To sell an item you need to open the home store, then click on the item in the house you want to sell. A price will appear next to the red simoleon symbol, this is how much you earn when you sell the item.How do you collect all revenue on Sims FreePlay? ›
Re: Sims Freeplay Collect All Revenue button issue
The Collect All button should be at the bottom and in the middle, far left of the blobs, next to the worlds blob, surrounding the three Settings dots green semi circle. This Forum is provided by EA but is designed as Player helping/advising other Players.
The Sims will open in full screen and at 800×600 resolution by default. Follow the instructions below to set it to run at 1024×768 and to open in windowed mode, if you wish. Congratulations! You should now be able to launch and play The Sims 1 on Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7 machines.
The Sims FreePlay focuses on house design, completing quests, and developing hobbies. The Sims Mobile has fewer customization features, but more focus on social interactions and developing relationships with other Sims.Do you have to pay to play Sims on PC? ›
Included with EA Play
Join Now for instant access to The Sims 4 + Get To Work - EA Play and other best-loved titles from EA, plus a 10% member discount and member-only content. $4.99 at checkout, auto-renewed every 1 month(s) at $4.99. $29.99 at checkout, auto-renewed every 12 month(s) at $29.99.
- This game is free to play, but you can choose to pay real money for some extra items, which will charge your Google account. You can disable in-app purchasing by adjusting your device settings.Why is my Sims FreePlay store not working? ›
In most cases, The Sims Freeplay download error is due to a weak internet connection. If your device shows that it is connected to Wi-Fi, but The Sims Freeplay can't work normally, there are some errors with your Wi-Fi. So, you'd better restart your router and connect your mobile phone to the Wi-Fi again.Can you play Sims on Microsoft? ›
Buy The Sims™ 4 EA Play Edition - Microsoft Store.How to play Sims with no money? ›
right after inputting one particular command. Type in "testingcheats true" without the quotation marks, following which you can use the "Money" cheat to get rid of some cash. Simply type "Money x", where x is the desired amount of money the player wants to have.How do I make my Sim pee itself? ›
Sims will wet themselves if the "Really has to Pee" moodlet expires and gain an "Embarrassed" moodlet for wetting themselves, which gives -20 mood for 3 hours; and their hygiene drops to 0.How do you cheat on Sims skills? ›
- stats.set_skill_level Major_HomestyleCooking 10 - Maxes the Cooking skill.
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Charisma 10 - Maxes the Charisma skill.
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Comedy 10 - Maxes the Comedy skill.
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Fishing 10 - Maxes the Fishing skill.
In this game, the player enters the UNLOCKABLES MENU and can type "cash" to obtain §10,000.Can you ask a sim for money? ›
Can you ask people for money in the Sims? Sim Value: To be able to give money, the sim you ask has to have the amount to do so. For "Ask For Money" interactions, the sim you are asking has to have 10x the amount in simoleons.
With so many different Occult Sims out there, it's entirely possible you'll WooHoo and get pregnant with another Occult Sim's baby.Is the supermarket worth it in sims Freeplay? ›
I get asked a lot about how the supermarket works, it's quite simply a money saver. From the supermarket you can buy baking recipes and gardening seeds at a reduced price, for example it will cost you S44 to buy potatoes from the garden patch but will cost you S40 to buy from the supermarket.Can you sell restaurant The Sims? ›
If you don't want to run your restaurant anymore, you can sell it in the main restaurant settings (the same panel where you set the menu and uniforms). You'll have to pay off any debts incurred, but if you're in the black, the funds you'll get from the sale will be deposited into your household account.How do you become VIP on Sims Freeplay? ›
VIP perks are unlocked when you buy items from the online store with real money, anything you buy with real money now gets converted into points (the more money you spend the more points you earn) and the more VIP points you have, the higher level VIP you will be, earning you more perks!Can your Sims give other Sims money? ›
In the transfer Sims menu, you can see the household funds for both households displayed at the bottom of the menu. Type in the amount you want and then click the arrow to indicate which household to transfer the funds into. You cannot transfer more money than what the household has.What is an AR lot in Sims Freeplay? ›
The Sims Freeplay team have worked closely with Apple to create this amazing feature, Augmented Reality (AR) which means you can build houses and place them in real life situations!Is Windows 8 to 10 compatible? ›
Windows 10 will be compatible with most existing PC hardware; most devices running Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1 will meet the requirements for Windows 10.Does Windows Store work on Windows 8? ›
Microsoft's Windows 8 operating system was the first system Microsoft's online store launched on. Users could download and install applications and games using it, and make purchases.Is 8GB enough for sims? ›
4GB RAM is the minimum Sims 4 system requirements. Nowadays most people use 8GB RAM on their PC. So if you want to make sure that the game Sims 4 can run smoothly on your PC, 8GB RAM is recommended.How many Sims should you have in Sims Freeplay? ›
|LEVEL||SIM UNLOCKED?||SIM COUNT|
A – Yes! After completing the 'A Bump-y Ride' quest, you will be able to select the 'Pregnancy' option from a crib. This will give your chosen Sim a 6 day long Pregnancy, but with no tasks to complete.What are the cons of Sims Freeplay? ›
The disadvantages of Sims Freeplay at the moment include outdated graphics and interface. Also, donation and other frequent disadvantages of mobile games: such, for example, as energy. All this leads to the need to constantly enter the game or pour money into it.Can I play Sims without buying it? ›
The Sims 4 is now completely free on most platforms. You can play the base version of the iconic life simulator on PC (via the EA app, Origin, and Steam), PlayStation 4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.Will The Sims ever be free again? ›
When does The Sims 4 become free to play? The Sims 4 will go free-to-play on 18th October 2022, EA has confirmed. (Of course, all of its many expansions will continue to be sold separately).Is Sims completely free? ›
The Sims 4 is free to download! Unleash your imagination and create a unique world of Sims that's an expression of you. Choose how Sims look, act, and dress, then manage the ups and downs of their everyday lives.Why do things get more expensive in Sims FreePlay? ›
It doesn't matter at all what level you are at, it matters how much buildings you have built. If you have one built, then the next will only be like 7,500. The prices go up because your town's worth increases, not because you level up. I'm level 19, and my buildings cost 100,000.Do Sims age in Sims FreePlay? ›
Once you complete the Life Dreams and Legacies Quest your sims will begin to age automatically. Previously once the circle that appears around their face was full and red you needed to either age them to the next life stage or use LP to reverse them back to the beginning of the life stage they are currently at.How old should you be to play Sims FreePlay? ›
With personalized characters and full control over their own town, players create their own world to live in. Due to the required reading skills needed for gameplay, as well as some mildly suggestive themes and adult content, The Sims FreePlay is recommended for players 11 and older.How do you clear the cache on Sims FreePlay? ›
To clear the cache on an Android, open Settings then find the Apps or Applications section. Next, locate The Sims FreePlay. Tap on Storage and look for options to clear your cache (not your 'data'). If you're still having issues try reinstalling your game after uploading it to the Cloud.Why did my sim vomit on FreePlay? ›
The non-stop vomiting seems to be caused by moving your phone or shaking the screen. This could cause the Sims to get dizzy and vomit. Also make sure that the Sim is not sick and has eaten recently.
- Go to the EA website to downlaod the EA app.
- Sign into your EA account or create a new account.
- Search for 'The Sims 4' using the search bar.
- Go to the Sims 4 store page to download the game for free.
Unleash your imagination and create a unique world of Sims that's an expression of you! Download for free and customize every detail from Sims to homes, and much more. Choose how Sims look, act, and dress, then decide how they'll live out each day.Is Sims free on Windows? ›
HOW TO INSTALL THE SIMS 4. Already have the EA app for Windows or Origin for Mac? Open your launcher and download for free! The Sims 4 is not available on mobile devices.What happens if a married sim cheats? ›
If an affair/cheating is noticed by the betrayed lover, they will become angry and relationships points will be lost. Sims involved in an affair can be convinced to leave their spouse, which immediately divorces the Sim from their spouse. The Sim that was cheated on will not get the divorced moodlet.Can a Sim have multiple wives? ›
The Sims 2 doesn't natively support polygamy, but a hacked wedding arch exists that can be used to create polygamous marriages!Can a SIM marry two Sims? ›
Sims can marry other Sims of the same gender. Divorce can happen, but otherwise, Sims can only marry one other Sim at a time. Also, unlike previous iterations of the franchise, no one's name is changed after a marriage.How do you sell a room on Sims FreePlay? ›
You can click the tick to keep the room or click the red simoleon to sell the room for the price that is shown next to the red simoleon button. All the items in the room will move to your inventory- apart from the wallpaper and flooring.Can you ask other Sims for money? ›
How does it work? When available, if the selected sim clicks on another sim, the pie menu appears along with the interactions kept inside. The options grant simoleons of the value they display. For example, the interaction "Ask For $2,000" will add $2,000 to the active sim's household.Can Sims get drunk? ›
Sims can get dazed (which is the equivalent to drunk) by too much drinks and coffee.Can you make a Sim pregnant with cheats? ›
First, type "sims. get_sim_id_by_name (enter Sim name here)" and take note of the string of numbers that displays. Next, type: "pregnancy. force_offspring_count (Sim ID here) (# of babies)" to force your Sim to be pregnant with multiple babies.
Unlike in real life, in order to have babies in the Sims Freeplay, you have to get married first. This can be done by proposing to your partner and living together.
None of the games in The Sims series, with the exception of the Into the Future expansion pack and The Sims 4, allow same-sex couples to have children that are their biological offspring, although they have always been able to adopt in the same way as straight couples or single Sims.Can a Sim have 4 babies? ›
This is a multi-step process, but players can input any number of babies they want their Sim to have at one time, up to seven. However, as a Sim's household is capped at eight, they may only be able to have as many as six babies total until one grows up and moves out of the home.Can your Sim have triplets? ›
The odds of your Sim having twins or triplets is much lower than having a single birth. But through some gameplay tricks, you can make it more likely that your Sim will have a multiple birth. Twins: your Sim has a 10% chance of having twins. Triplets: your Sim has a 1% chance of having triplets.Can you divorce two Sims? ›
If you have two married sims that you no longer want to be together you can get them divorced.Can a Sim have two boyfriends at once? ›
While Sims cannot have more than one fiancé/e or spouse at a time, they can have multiple boyfriends and girlfriends. As many as you want, in fact! Sims can even have multiple boyfriends and girlfriends while engaged or married to someone else.