At Trust Inns we are experts in all things pub-related. To havepubs for rentavailable across the UK.
There are a few things that come to mind when the word 'pub' is mentioned: beers, food and of course pub quizzes!
Running out of questions for your pub quiz? Well, we've rounded up 100 of the best pub quiz questions with answers. Perfect so you can focus on running the pub quiz instead of wasting time thinking about all the questions each week.
Let's get into it:
General knowledge quiz questions with answers.
- Which children's book features a spider named Charlotte and a pig named Wilbur?
Charlotte's Web - E.B. Weiss
- What is the biggest animal in the world?
the blue whale
- How many of Henry VIII's wives were named Catherine?
- What is the most popular boy name in 2021?
- What American city is The Killers from?
- What is the name of the diner in the American sitcom Friends?
- Who is currently (October 2022) second in line to the throne?
Prince George of Wales
- What planet has a pink sky?
- What is the smallest planet in our solar system?
- Which fashion designer was allegedly in a relationship with Winston Churchill?
- What nut is in the middle of a Ferrero Rocher?
- Famous street artist Banksy is from which British city?
- Who wrote the novels Sharp Objects and Gone Girl?
- What is a French wine country and an American luxury vehicle?
- What color can be found on 75% of the world's flags?
- Name the last three actors who played Spider-Man?
Tobey MaguireAndrew GarfieldTom Holland
- What is the name of Matilda's evil director?
- How many years ago did the famous couple Kim Kardashian and Kanye West get married after their separation in 2021?
- Who wrote The Catcher in the Rye?
J. D. Salinger
- Which children's TV show gave Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera their big break?
Micky Maus Club
- What was the most downloaded app of 2020?
- What was the name of the 2021 TV show that Adele starred in?
An audience with Adele
- The babies of which animals are known as joeys?
- Which notable feline lover recently took over the zoo by starring in the hit Netflix series Tiger King?
- In which Italian city does Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet take place?
Music Pub Quiz Questions with Answers
- What single was released in 2017 and reached number 1 on the charts that Justin Bieber starred with Luis Fonsi?
- What song does this lyric belong to? "Is this real life?"
- Which Maroon 5 song did Cardi B appear on in 2017?
girls like you
- What is the name of Miley Cyrus' father?
billy ray cirus
- What rock band are James, Lars, Ron and Dave in?
- Which American Singer Plays "Ally" in the 2018 Movie "A Star Is Born"?
- After your last album25was released in 2015, Adele returned to the music scene in 2021, what is the name of her new album?
- Who has a Heinz ketchup tattoo on their arm and always takes a bottle or two on tour?
- We sing. We dance. we steal thingsWhat was the artist's best-selling album based on the 2008 song "I'm Yours"?
- Famous as their most popular album, when was Eminem's "Recovery" released?
- What Avril Lavigne song from 2003 did Paramount Pictures buy the rights to make a movie but never made?
- What is Madonna's middle name?
- Brian Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain, Amy Winehouse and other famous singers were the same age when they died. how old was that
- What year was Katy Perry's first cult hit, "I Kissed a Girl" released?
- What did Justin Timberlake write after breaking up with Britney Spears in 2002?
Cry Me a River
- English singer-songwriter Rory Graham is best known by what stage name?
- What song was UK number one for the longest time in 2017?
The Shape of You - Ed Sheeran
- What country is ABBA from?
- "I get a little nervous every now and then because the best of years are over." Are these lyrics from the 1983 hit?
Eclipse solar total - Bonnie Tyler
- What was the name of Michael Jackson's first UK solo number one?
one day in your life
- Who is the artist of the album Beautiful Trauma?
- What American rapper was born Shawn Corey Carter in New York City in 1969?
- Name the song from this lyric: "She played violin in an Irish band but fell in love with an Englishman."
Chica de Galway - Ed Sheeran
- Who participated in the song "Rockstar" released by Post Malone in 2018?
- What is the name of the first Beatles album?
please please me
Movie and TV pub questions with answers
- Who plays the prime minister in love, actually?
- Why is Die Hard considered a Christmas movie? (Any of 3 reasons for a point)
It takes place during a party at the office, there is Christmas music, João's wife has a Christmas name, there are gifts, Santa Claus appears, it snows at the end, statistics show that many people watch it on Christmas Eve.
- What is the name of Wookie, Han Solo's co-pilot in the Star Wars film series?
- Who played Captain Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Caribbean film series?
- Who was the second wife of American actor Tom Cruise?
- Which Scottish actor played the Tenth Doctor on Doctor Who?
- Aaron Sorkin won an Oscar for writing the 2010 drama about the founding of Facebook.
la red social
- Who starred in 2001's Lara Croft: Tomb Raider?
- Does the first episode of Downton Abbey start on the same day as the actual historical event?
the titanic sinkholes
- What is the name of the pub that Shaun (Simon Pegg) and Ed (Nick Frost) frequent in Shaun Of The Dead, which is later overrun by zombies?
- He names the film with the famous line "You can't handle the truth!"
a few good men
- Where is the office? (UK version)
- Who is the only actor to receive an Oscar nomination for his role in a Lord of the Rings movie?
- What is the name of the main pub in Peaky Blinders where the Shelbys hang out?
The garrison tavern
- What wing of the castle can't Belle visit in Beauty and the Beast?
a la oeste
- For which film did Steven Spielberg win his first Academy Award for Best Director?
- Who plays Gerry in P.S. I love you?
- In The Matrix, does Neo take the blue pill or the red pill?
- What sauce is Rick obsessed with in Rick and Morty?
- Where were the Lord of the Rings movies filmed?
- Who voices Woody in Toy Story?
- When was the first Star Wars movie released?
- What movie is this famous quote from? "Life isn't about how hard you can hit... it's about how many you can take and keep going."
- After all, who won the Oscar for best actor for the first time in 2016?
- What movie is this famous quote from? "I'm going to count to three, not four."
Hard to Kill
Food and drink questions with answers
- WHAT DOES CHILLI COM CARE MEAN IN ENGLISH?
- On average, how many cups of tea are consumed in the UK each day?
- What is the most expensive spice in the world by weight?
- What is the main ingredient in black pudding?
- What dough is used for baklava?
- What is the hottest chili in the world?
- What is the most famous Mexican beer?
- Which country produces the most mangoes?
- What brand made Blackjacks?
- What sauce is traditionally served in a shrimp cocktail?
- What is the main flavor of the aioli?
- What nut is in the pesto?
- Which country has the highest consumption of olive oil per person?
- Tripe, popular in the north of England, what is it?
- How did paella get its name?
From the pan in which it is cooked
- What country do red onions come from?
- What confectionery is traditionally bought as a gift for a seaside holiday?
- What oranges are used to make jam?
- What food do you have a phobia of if you are diagnosed with lacanophobia?
- What Greek sauce is made from strained or diluted yogurt mixed with pickles, garlic, salt, oil, and often vinegar, lemon juice, or herbs?
- What animal milk is used for pecorino cheese?
- What's at the center of a Victoria sponge?
jam and cream
- After a classification dispute in 1991 for VAT purposes, the courts decided that a "Jaffa cake" is actually a cake or biscuit?
- What is the shape of farfalle pasta?
fly or butterfly
- Lamb is the meat of a sheep older than what age?
That was our list of top 100 pub quiz questions with answers, we hope you enjoyed it!
< Back to blog
How to study for a pub quiz? ›
Here are our tips!
- Read up on the week's current events. Some rounds might be themed around the week's headlines or events, like awards season or the Super Bowl. ...
- Know what you're good at. ...
- Think about what you're bad at. ...
- Use all sides of your brain.
- How many chromosomes are in a cell? ...
- Who wrote "The Star-Spangled Banner"? ...
- Which blood type is a universal donor? ...
- Who was the highest-paid athlete in 2022? ...
- What is August's birthstone? ...
- What movie is "You had me at hello" from?
- What's the weirdest dream you've ever had?
- If you could travel to any year in a time machine, what year would you choose and why?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- What's one of the most fun childhood memories you have?
- What movie or show do you keep rewatching?
- What makes you choose it? ...
- What was your favorite game as a child?
- Which book or movie impacted you most growing up?
- What's your favorite childhood memory?
- What is your favorite memory?
- What is on your bucket list?
21 Questions is a conversation-starting game that involves asking a series of questions to learn more about somebody. It can be played online or in real life and works with two people or a larger group.What are the best questions for 20 questions? ›
- Have You Ever Dine And Dashed At A Restaurant? ...
- Would You Rather Have Endless Money Or Endless Love? ...
- Have You Ever Been In A Car Crash — And It Was Your Fault? ...
- If You Could Star In A Movie, What Movie Would It Be? ...
- What Is Your Most Frequently Used Emoji? ...
- What Was The Last Thing You Stole Or Shoplifted?
Trivia Question: Which U.S. state is known for peaches? Trivia Question: What is the French name for Santa Claus? Trivia Question: Which fictional city is the home of Batman? Trivia Question: How many feet are in a mile?How long should a pub quiz take? ›
Some quiz can be very long and last for several hours, but usually, they last about 2 hours. Pub quiz started as a way to get customers on quiet nights. It worked so well, that now quiz nights are some of the busiest days for pubs, only behind days with big sports events.How do I run a successful pub quiz? ›
If you decide to host your own quiz, it's important to ask the questions slowly and clearly, and to repeat them. Be prepared to repeat them again if someone hasn't heard them properly. Try to make it funny and relaxed. Music rounds and picture rounds help to keep things fresh and lively.What are some fun facts questions? ›
- Who did you look up to as a child?
- What is your favourite hobby?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- If you could only eat one type of food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Do you have any hidden talents?
Did you know fun facts for adults? ›
- Avocados are a fruit, not a vegetable. ...
- The Eiffel Tower can be 15 cm taller during the summer, due to thermal expansion meaning the iron heats up, the particles gain kinetic energy and take up more space.
- Trypophobia is the fear of closely-packed holes. ...
- Australia is wider than the moon.
- Most likely to forget their best friend's birthday?
- Most likely to eat something off the ground?
- Most likely to break a world record?
- Most likely to go on Love Island?
- Most likely to become a millionaire?
- Most likely to shoplift?
- Most likely to spend all their money on something stupid?
- How many people have you kissed?
- Do you ever think about me?
- What have you done sexually with someone else?
- What attracts you to people?
- What are your thoughts on sex?
- Are you a virgin?
- Do you think you're a good kisser?
- What turns you on?
- Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?
- Would you like to be famous? ...
- Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? ...
- What would constitute a “perfect” day for you?
- When did you last sing to yourself?
- What's the last lie you told?
- Who was your very first crush?
- What's the best compliment you've ever received?
- What do you consider your best physical feature?
- What are the top three things that stress you out?
- What are the top three ways you deal with stress?
- If you could vacation anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What is your go-to board game?
- What are two things still on your bucket list?
- What was the make and model of your first car?
- What sports did you play growing up?
Each player asks the other person a question, and the other player answers them. The goal of the game is to answer each question truthfully. The one to answer all 21 questions truthfully is declared the winner.Do the 36 questions work? ›
The 36 questions have helped at least some couples fall in love, though others haven't had as much luck using them. Catron, the writer behind the viral Times essay, went on to marry the man she did the experiment with.Dare or truth questions for adults? ›
- When was the last time you lied?
- When was the last time you cried?
- What's your biggest fear?
- What's your biggest fantasy?
- Do you have any fetishes?
- What's something you're glad your mum doesn't know about you?
- Have you ever cheated on someone?
- What's the worst thing you've ever done?
A student draws a card out and keeps it hidden from the class. The class then takes turns at asking yes/no questions to discover the type of litter on the card. For example, “Is it made from paper?”, “Do you drink out of it?”, etc. If the answer is “yes” then the student who asked the question has another turn.
What are the powerful questions? ›
Powerful questions are open ended and empower the person responding to choose the direction they take. They create possibilities and encourage discovery, deeper understanding, and new insights. They are curious and non-judgmental as they seek to further learning and connection.What are the best open questions? ›
- How was your weekend? What did you do?
- How was your day? What was the best part?
- How have you been? What's been going well for you?
Answer: 80% of 50 is 40.What are some puzzling questions? ›
- What are two things you can never eat for breakfast? ...
- What is always coming but never arrives? ...
- What gets wetter the more it dries? ...
- What can be broken but never held? ...
- What word is spelled incorrectly in every single dictionary? ...
- What is it that lives if it is fed, and dies if you give it a drink?
twenty questions, guessing game in which one player thinks of an object and informs his opponents whether it is “animal, vegetable, or mineral” or, in some games, “abstract.” The others in turn ask questions designed to limit the field of inquiry and close in upon the answer.What are good daily questions? ›
- 6 Powerful Questions to Ask Yourself Daily. ...
- Did I work toward my goals today? ...
- What bad habits do I need to stop? ...
- What motivated me today? ...
- Have I been the kind of person I want to be? ...
- What mistakes did I make today, and what can I learn from them? ...
- What am I grateful for today?
Incorporate Popular Subjects or Topics. You can also make your pub trivia night more exciting by incorporating questions about some currently trending topics. Whether it's sports teams in your area or the Harry Potter movies, there are plenty of subjects that your crowd will find exciting.What is standard pub quiz format? ›
Format. Pub quizzes (also known as live trivia, or table quizzes) are often weekly events and will have an advertised start time, most often in the evening. While specific formats vary, most pub quizzes involve written answers to questions which are distributed in written form or announced by a quizmaster.What categories are in a pub quiz? ›
- Food & Drink.
- Geography, Location & Travel.
- Art & Literature.
- Get a good quizmaster. A quizmaster can make or break a quiz night. ...
- Ask a variety of questions. Look, not everyone likes sport. ...
- Get a visible scoreboard. ...
- Arrange regular breaks. ...
- Host theme nights. ...
- Use social media.
How do you attract customers to your pub? ›
- Make Sure Your Menu is Accessible Online. ...
- 15 Restaurant Promotion Ideas. ...
- Make Sure Your Bar's on the Map. ...
- Entertain Your Guests With Games. ...
- Host Live Music. ...
- Partner With Local Businesses. ...
- Start a Bar Website.
- Gaming Tablets.
- Self-Pour Beer & Beverage Walls.
- Photo Booths For Everyone to Enjoy.
- Popular Bar Games.
- Live Music.
- Open Mic Night.
- Trivia Night.
- Holiday Events.
- A teaspoonful of neutron star. ...
- Metals that explode when in contact with water. ...
- Hawaii is moving closer to Alaska by 7.5cm every year. ...
- Sunflowers are known as hyperaccumulators. ...
- A cockroach can live for up to one week without its head.
- Hot water will turn into ice faster than cold water. ...
- The Mona Lisa has no eyebrows. ...
- The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue. ...
- Ants take rest for around 8 Minutes in 12-hour period. ...
- "I Am" is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
- "OMG" usage can be traced back to 1917. ...
- The majority of your brain is fat. ...
- Stop signs used to be yellow. ...
- Most wasabi we eat in the U.S. isn't really wasabi. ...
- Green Eggs and Ham started as a bet. ...
- Too much water can kill you. ...
- You might be drinking water that is older than the solar system.
- It is impossible for most people to lick their own elbow. ...
- A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
- A shrimp's heart is in its head.
- It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
- Animals that lay eggs don't have belly buttons.
- Mr. Potato Head was the first toy to be advertised on TV.
- Boanthropy is the psychological disorder in which patients believe they are a cow.
- Camels have three eyelids.
- There is a McDonalds in every continent except Antarctica.
The average person makes about 1,140 telephone calls each year. Stressed is Desserts spelled backwards. If you had enough water to fill one million goldfish bowls, you could fill an entire stadium. Mary Stuart became Queen of Scotland when she was only six days old.Who most likely clean Questions? ›
- …become rich?
- … join Cirque Du Soleil?
- … get lost in the wilderness?
- … get lost in their own neighborhood?
- … get married in Vegas?
- … become a celebrity?
- … marry a celebrity?
- … become a boss babe?
- What do I prefer? Tea or coffee?
- How many pets do I have?
- Have I ever traveled abroad?
- Which is my favorite festival?
- Which is my favorite TV show/movie?
- When did I get my first cell phone?
- What is my favorite food? Save.
- Do I have any allergies?
How well do you know questions? ›
- What's my middle name/nickname?
- What are my worst fears?
- What's my favourite food or food type?
- What is the best memory that I have from my childhood?
- When's my birthday? (if you see them struggling you can go for the month instead of the day)
- What am I most self-conscious about?
Incorporate Popular Subjects or Topics. You can also make your pub trivia night more exciting by incorporating questions about some currently trending topics. Whether it's sports teams in your area or the Harry Potter movies, there are plenty of subjects that your crowd will find exciting.What is a hot spot quiz question? ›
A hotspot question is a cool type of question that lets test takers mark a certain area of an image. When creating the question, you can specify what area of the picture acts as the answer and customize its size.What are good food and drink quiz questions? ›
Food and drink quiz questions
- Are Jaffa Cakes legally a cake or a biscuit?
- Which MasterChef presenter was formerly a greengrocer?
- Which three sauces make up Prawn Cocktail Sauce?
- What is James Bond's favourite tipple?
- What is the most consumed manufactured drink in the world?
The key to running a successful pub quiz is asking questions week after week that your audience will enjoy pondering and answering. Knowing your audience—and adjusting your questions to fit that audience—is an integral part of creating a long running, successful game.How to run a successful pub quiz? ›
If you decide to host your own quiz, it's important to ask the questions slowly and clearly, and to repeat them. Be prepared to repeat them again if someone hasn't heard them properly. Try to make it funny and relaxed. Music rounds and picture rounds help to keep things fresh and lively.What are 3 examples of hotspots? ›
Well known hotspots include the Hawaiian Hotspot, the Yellowstone Hotspot, the Reunion Hotspot, Iceland Hotspot.What is the super hot spot? ›
WHAT ARE SUPER HOTSPOTS? Super hotspots are enterprise-grade built-in mobile routers that project Wi-Fi signals into the immediate surrounding area. They can be deployed in two ways: Movable: can be placed on a bus or other vehicle.What are 2 examples of hotspots? ›
Examples include the Hawaii, Iceland, and Yellowstone hotspots. A hotspot's position on the Earth's surface is independent of tectonic plate boundaries, and so hotspots may create a chain of volcanoes as the plates move above them.What are some food truths? ›
- Applesauce was the first food eaten in space. ...
- Pistachios aren't nuts—they are actually fruits. ...
- Broccoli contains more protein than steak! ...
- Raspberries are a member of the rose family. ...
- M&Ms are named after their creators: Mars & Murrie. ...
- Potatoes were the first food planted in space.